sudo sh -c 'sed -i "s/PermitRootLogin yes/PermitRootLogin no/g" /etc/ssh/sshd_config && sed -i "s/#PasswordAuthentication yes/PasswordAuthentication no/g" /etc/ssh/sshd_config && service ssh restart'
You are currently using 0.00 GB of Cloud Drive storage. If your Cloud Drive account contains more than 5 GB of files you will be prevented from uploading additional files until you delete enough files to be under the 5 GB limit or subscribe to a storage plan with enough space for your files.
I’m often asked for restaurant recommendations in San Francisco. I’m compiling that list here to make it easier to share with friends. I’ll update it as a I remember more or things change.
- Chow (try the smiling noodles)
- Chez Maman (french)
- Squat and Gobble (great omelettes — recommend Haight/Fillmore location)
- Herbivore (vegetarian)
- Stable Cafe
- Poquito (tapas)
Poleng Lounge (filipino)closed
- Osha (thai, 5 locations)
- Big Lantern (chinese including to-order Dim Sum)
- R&G Lounge (chinese, authentic cantonese)
- Citrus Club (cheap asian noodles, huge portions)
- E&O Lounge (homemade spiced ginger beer; pickled mango)
- Monk’s Kettle (huge beer selection, great food)
- City Beer (most a beer store, with some seating)
Last month, NOI published a tip of the day called “Give a compliment sandwich.”
I think that’s bad advice, and wrote the following reply (which has since been removed from their site, along with the other comments).
I hate compliment sandwiches. They give me indigestion. As soon as I receive an email (or a phone call) that begins with an unsolicited, unrelated compliment, it immediately sets my bullshit detector to high. I know I’m about to get his with a compliment sandwich.
if you need to tell me something, have enough respect for me that you won’t waste my time by forcing me to read a bunch of nonsense designed to make you feel better about yourself.
Mark Suster wrote a great piece called “Why I’d Rather Err on the Side of Direct Feedback Than Pleasantries.”
Read his other posts:
Lastly, read Kelly Williams Brown’s “Say what is on your mind without eight layers of filter.”
Have friends who wants to go to business school? Please save their souls (and their livers):
- An infographic detailing the cost of an MBA.
- The Economist: Think twice
The return on investment on an MBA has gone the way of Greek public debt.
- Business Insider: 40 Years Of Data Show The MBA Effectively Does Nothing — It Has No Impact
Kaufman believes that MBA programs “teach many worthless, outdated, even outright damaging concepts and practices.”
- “If the MBA was wiped off the face of the earth, we’d live in a better world.”
—Tom Peters (MBA, Ph.D, Stanford)
A 38-year-old who attempted to rob a Grand Rapids party good store was grabbed with lightning speed and floored by a heroic Iraq vet who happened to be the in store, a local Fox affiliate reports.
Zach Thome, a mixed martial arts-trained former soldier, put gunman Brandon Slanger, 38, in a rear naked choke hold and held him until police arrived.