Similar to my Where to eat in San Francisco list, here’s a set of recommendations for food an activities in New York, particularly in Brooklyn.
- Aquagrill (seafood)
- The Soul Spot
- Inoteca (Italian)
- Shake Shack (Brooklyn location has no line)
- Veniero (for dessert)
- Juliette (French)
- Atlantic Chip Shop (really good beer selection)
Nectar (sandwiches and salads)
- My Little Pizzeria
- Moim (Korean)
- Court Street Bagels
Bars (with good food)
- Char No 4
- Bar Tabac (try the squid ink tagliatelle)
- Angel’s Share (speakeasy)
- Union Hall
- Bar Great Harry
- Ganso (ramen)
- Sushi Azabu (reservations strongly recommended; so is the unagi)
Coffee Shops (good places to work from)
- Tea Lounge
- Ted & Honey
- Red Bamboo
- Quantum Leap
- Blossom (fancy)
- Café Habana
- Sophie’s Cuban
- OMG Taco
- Rachel’s Taqueria
- Ghang Thai
- Pok Pok Ny
- The High Line
- Prospect Park
- Brooklyn Bridge Park
- Central Park
- Transit Museum
- Tenement Museum
- Louis Armstrong Museum
- International Center of Photography
The Living Room
- Rockwood Music Hall
- Arlene’s Grocery
- Mercury Lounge
- Union Hall
- Spike Hill
- The Bell House
Why are real estate ads—even those for high-end properties—always so badly written?
M-KOPA is a mobile technology company based in Nairobi, Kenya. Since 2010 we have helped Kenyans acquire solar power products by offering innovative payment plans and a distribution model tailored to the needs of our customers.
M-KOPA Solar provides affordable solar-powered lighting and mobile charging to rural Kenyans on a pay-as-you- go basis, with payment via M-PESA. Additional products using the same patent-pending technology are in pilot.
Our team includes the founder and former executives of Kenya’s popular M-PESA mobile money service.
M-KOPA seeks a high-calibre, experienced, and motivated engineer to join the in Nairobi, Kenya from February 2013 until December 2013.
The fellowship opportunity is supported by LGT Venture Philanthropy’s prestigious iCats Fellowship Program (details are available on the program website).
M-KOPA has a candidate-first HR policy of “finding jobs for great people.” We are seeking the most talented, committed, fun and down-to-earth person we can find to give our technology a “boost” in 2013. Given that we already have an extensive tech team of more than 10 full time employees and part time contractors, covering different technical domains including electronic engineering, software development, database architecture and embedded GSM firmware development, we are open to any candidates who possess strength in the following areas:
- Embedded device firmware: experience developing code for electronics (especially GSM devices)
- Database specialist: experience designing database architecture for scalable, data-driven business
- Enterprise software development: experience with high volume web-based solutions in small and medium-sized teams
- Systems analysis: experience in systems analytics and business process design Selection Criteria
- An undergrad or graduate engineering degree (computer science or electronic engineering or similar)
- Real-world work experience at a dynamic and leading tech company
- Experience traveling or working in Africa
- A great enthusiasm for pitching in and working with a fun team in a fast-moving environment.
- Living and travel stipend as per iCats fellowship terms
- Being part of the iCats fellowship class, including orientation and networking in Zurich pre-fellowship
- The opportunity to spend a year working in “silicon savannah” (Kenya’s tech alley) on a world’s-first innovation, with some of the founders of M-PESA
- A great work environment at “M-KOPA House” – along with great Nairobi weather, flora and fauna, and exciting weekend trips out of town!
- Please send your CV and a cover email to email@example.com by 25th October 2012.
- A shortlist of candidates will be interviewed by phone. The final candidate will be selected by end of October 2012.
Passing along for some friends:
The Noun Project is a highly collaborative place where the world’s visual language is shared and created. We are working with our users, publications and a giant community to simplify and organize visual communication. There’s a lot of great work to be done, and to realize it, we need some talented people. Join the small team behind the big idea.
Chicago: Developer at the Noun Project
Oh hey, we’re The Barbarian Group. We’re a digital-centric creative agency. Which means we think the Internet has finally won, and become the most important channel in people’s lives–just like we always knew it would. So from brand planning, to attention-grabbing ideas, to innovative applications, products and platforms, we combine strategy, technology, creative and media to make everything brands need to navigate this awesome new world.
NYC: Tech Director at the Barbarian Group.
An interesting result from Social Psychology*.
* Stephenson, G. R. (1967). Cultural acquisition of a specific learned response among rhesus monkeys. In: Starek, D., Schneider, R., and Kuhn, H. J. (eds.), Progress in Primatology, Stuttgart: Fischer, pp. 279-288.
sudo sh -c 'sed -i "s/PermitRootLogin yes/PermitRootLogin no/g" /etc/ssh/sshd_config && sed -i "s/#PasswordAuthentication yes/PasswordAuthentication no/g" /etc/ssh/sshd_config && service ssh restart'
You are currently using 0.00 GB of Cloud Drive storage. If your Cloud Drive account contains more than 5 GB of files you will be prevented from uploading additional files until you delete enough files to be under the 5 GB limit or subscribe to a storage plan with enough space for your files.