1/4 cup butter
1.5 cups sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/4 cup sour milk (3/4 tsp. lemon juice in a 1/4 cup measuring cup and add regular milk to fill it to top)
1.5 cups flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1 cup mashed ripe bananas
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease 8″ square pan.
- Beat butter, sugar and eggs until light an fluffy.
- In a separate dish, mix the baking soda & sour milk together. Then add it to your batter and beat well.
- Mix baking powder into flour.
- Alternate putting the bananas and the flour into the batter. Mix only until blended.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Check if it is done by inserting a toothpick into the banana bread. When it comes out clean, it is done.
Wow, thanks! Maybe I’ll make some banana bread this weekend…
Perfect quarantine recipe.
Leave a comment