some news of note:
- George Bush signed and executive order lifting wage restrictions and allowing government contractors rebuilding new orleans to pay workers less than the prevailing wage
- FEMA’s email server broke.
- New Orleans being underwater was preventable.
- Former FEMA head Mike Brown padded his resume
- FEMA refused help from Amtrak, Wal-Mart, the Coast Guard, firefighters and others.
- Jay Rosen reiterates the press may have found a spine.
- Evacuees are stuck â€” like being in prison.
- Republicans forced a vote on a relief bill without people having read the bill:
the Republican Leadership in the House of Representatives limited floor consideration of the $52 billion Katrina relief bill proposed by President Bush and voted to reject any Democratic efforts to amend the bill to include a wider array of relief measures, RAW STORY has learned.
Democrats said no one had even seen a copy of the legislation.
- Pat Robertson is once again off his rocker, saying ” John Roberts can ‘be thankful that a tragedy has brought him some good.'”